Watch Our Latest Webinar
Vish CEO, Joshua Howard, recently sat down for a roundtable talk with Vish users and salon owners, Jessica Arrindell and Desirre Lee, to discuss how Vish has completely transformed the way that they do business. From people to profits and employee buy-in to benefits, join us as we dive in.
Our Panel – 5:00
Jessica Arrindell, owner of two beauty salons in Connecticut called Luscious & Co, initially started doing hair and makeup in 2014 with her team as a passion project on the weekends. When their demand for hair and beauty services substantially increased they decided that opening a salon was the next natural step. Leaving the corporate world behind, their salon of four employees quickly grew to become two successful salons with 30 employees.
Desirre Lee, owner of Lavish Hair Lounge in Albuquerque, NM, has been operating her salon for over eight years, which she opened after seeing a huge opportunity to bring more knowledge and expertise to the local industry.
The Immediate Benefits of Vish – 9:00
Both salon owners first implemented Vish over two years ago coming out of the first lockdown in 2020. At this point, there were still many uncertainties about what the salon industry would look like in the months and years. With an influx of overdue clients, the extra bowls being mixed to make up for those extra weeks of regrowth quickly mounted up, but luckily they were able to recoup costs and safeguard their profit with Vish. And it was huge for them.
- Increase in Revenue: Lavish Hair Lounge instantly saw a 10% increase in revenue and in 2020 Luscious & Co saw an additional $25,000 in revenue throughout the year.
- Less waste: Both salons are now seeing less waste since starting with Vish. Thanks to the Vish Dashboard owners and stylists can monitor their waste and watch it decrease over time.
- Smarter Inventory Management: Gone are the days of collecting and counting tabs. The Vish dashboard provides salons with everything they need to know about their inventory, all at their fingertips.
- Boost in Team Morale: Stylists feel confident using Vish to create formulas. Using the reweigh feature they are able to refine their formulas.
- Color Confidence: Stylists experience less stress around remembering past formulas used on clients with personalized formulas saved in the Vish app.
How to Get Your Team to Buy-In – 13:40
Worried about getting your team to buy-in? Thankfully there are a few things that you can do to ensure that your salon’s transition to Vish is as smooth and seamless as possible.
- Go all-in with your team
- Get rid of all your other scales
- Offer incentives for employees who reweigh and reduce their waste
- Support each other and rise together
Implementing a Time-Based Pricing Model – 20:50
- Accurately charge clients for color usage resulting in more revenue for your business and your stylist’s.
- Enables you to implement tiered labor pricing to reflect the stylist’s experience and expertise.
- Empowers stylists to feel their value and build confidence.
- Increases transparency with clients, building trust.
- Allows your salon to look at your budget and make smarter inventory decisions based on product reports.
Stylist Benefit Opportunities – 23:00
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Paid Time Off
Implementing Scale Use With Stylists – 36:00
- Emphasize that culture matters.
- Reinforce the importance of buy-in from everyone.
- Set non-negotiables with your team.
Customize Your Vish Color Bar – 42:00
- Vish Color Bar integrates any and all color product lines.
- Get Vish and discover the difference it’ll make for you and your stylists.
Want to catch all the latest content from Vish? Click here to register for upcoming webinars and events!